7.08.2009

4th of july weekend

This past week my parents came to Philadelphia to visit. It was so much fun to have them here and it was great to learn more about our country's history around the Forth of July holiday. We traveled from one end of the state to the other (rocking out to Michael Jackson RIP) and were able to visit some amazing places. On the way to Gettysburg I had to stop along the side of the road so I could photograph an old house. Here is one of the shots-the house dates back before the Revolutionary War. (sorry for the photo overload)
When we got to Gettysburg it was the anniversary of the battle. As we stood on the battlefield we found out that at that exact moment 146 years ago, we were standing where the Union army would have been and Confederate soldiers would have been running right for us. It was a really cool experience. Here are a few shots-the hill where we were standing and an old cannon used in the war.
The next day we went to Frank Lloyd Wright's 'Falling Water'...my absolute favorite part of our whole trip!!!! I've always appreciated the architecture (who wouldn't), especially after doing a presentation on him for my art history class last semester but it was SO GREAT to see it in person! It was amazing.
We made the trip back to Philadelphia where we saw the sights around the city and celebrated the 4th. I had SO much fun!! Thanks for coming to visit! We love you!

9 comments:

Rowbury Adventures said...

your parents are so cute.. we were in their ward for a while and they were always so nice to us.. and you take such awesome pictures by the way! whenever we need some pictures done i'm comin to you! ha

Danny & Branae Porter said...

Wow what beautiful pictures megs! that looks like you had a blast! The falling water looks like it would be amazing to see in person! i'm glad you had such a fun time with your parents! :)

Kemp and Whitney said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

BL said...

how fun to have your parents there! happy 4th and happy michael jacksons death. er whatever.... love ya!

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

How fun! I love the red window picture :)

Chelsey said...

I love love love the first picture. So cool that you went to Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water! It's so fun to see stuff in person that we study. I remember your presentation on him too!

Mrs. Haynie said...

i remember learning about that house in my art history class. it is so beautiful! what a great way to see america's history on its anniversary. glad you had fun with your parents!

Chelsey said...

Hey do you happen to know Brittany's last name that was in BFA with us that is doing her show on superstitions? I would like to look at her website but I have no idea what her last name is.

Chantell Hammond said...

Megan, I am so jealous that you got to go to Gettysburg and on the anniversary! Those pictures really are AMAZING!!! I'm totally not kidding, next time I see you, even if it is in like 20 years, you need to take my family's pictures! You are just so talented!