4.05.2009

Hens Have Gobblies..Who Knew?

I needed a rooster for this crazy photoshoot idea that I had for my chair BFA project. Once I found a lady who told me I could come to her farm and catch whatever I needed, I volunteered Ryan to help me. This place was honestly nuts. There were all kinds of birds running around free, giant turkeys chasing us, even a wild moose walked through at one point. I kept pestering Ry, "Catch that one!" "What are you waiting for, that one's perfect!" while he ran around trying to grab one. He will NEVER admit it, but he was freaking out the whole time that it was going to peck him or something. We finally cornered what we thought was a rooster in a cage and headed out to an old barn.
Once we got there I figured we could just set it on the chair and I would snap a few photos. Unfortunately, the following picture is what actually happened once we set the so called rooster on the chair.


20 minutes later we caught it, pulled the string out of my hoodie and tied it to the chair. From then on, the shoot went fairly well. When we got home I was so excited to show everyone my photos. They sadly informed us that our 'rooster' was actually a hen. Oops. It turned out ok though, yet much more difficult than we anticipated. Here's the final shot...


8 comments:

JaMie said...

I Love it so bad. PS Conrad wont stop until he beats your score in Zombies... hahalol. But I'm for real

Lesli said...

Holy Crap Megs you are so talented! I just saw your pics on you flicker account. Megs I am not even kidding like you are simply amazing. You definitely stand out then other photographers. I know that you will go far with photography! I love ya tonz!

Mr. & Mrs. Martinez said...

That turned out amazing!!... and here I am just sitting here laughing to myself about the fact that it is a hen and not a rooster. For some reason I find that comment very funny.

Danny & Branae Porter said...

Love the final picture! I still can't get over on how funny that story is ha ha.. sheesh you and ryan have had some great memories taking all of these photos! ha ha

Jill said...

I saw you comment on Mikael's blog, so I'm just dropping by to say hi!

Kemp and Whitney said...

It was fun looking through your photos

Meagan Cooper said...

The end result picture looks great, although it was quite the process to get. I am glad I found your blog. I am going to add you as one of my blogging friends! We are going to miss you guys in nursery so much!

Mrs. Haynie said...

hilarious! brian says to tell ryan that he knew it was a hen all along, and ryan would have known that too if he had served in brazil...:) sheesh...love the pictures! especially ryan's facial expressions!