4.18.2009

finally in philly

After about 36 hours of driving we finally made it to PHILLY! It was a LONG drive and when we figured out that our GPS was set to the wrong address, it was an even longer ride (about a 2 and a half hour detour). Needless to say, Ryan and I weren't the happiest when we finally pulled in at 7 am (we decided driving for 2 days and through the night definitely shouldn't be allowed for our marriage's sake) but once we had a good nights rest we found that we LOVE Philly!!
 Winston is simply the BEST little traveler ever. He slept almost the entire way.
 
A bunch of us went out downtown for our first ever Philly Cheesesteaks. They were delish-just make sure you get the cheese wiz (I know it sounds nast but it really was so good!) We can't wait to see what else Philly has in store for us. After working SO hard with my last semester (but it paid off with straight A's! YES!), I'm SO ready to relax and enjoy another great summer away.


6 comments:

Callen and Kellie said...

hahahaha, i can't even imagine two days straight in the car with ryan. i still remember the 45 min drive to grandma's on sundays and ryan and i would share the back of the van. one time he lay down, started stomping his feet on the ceiling and singing a "rhyming song"... for example... a fat cat sat on a rat on a mat and decided he say splat splat splat. something like that. he really wasn't a good traveller. I'm so jealous you guys are already there! callen leaves in two weeks, i still have 7........ :(

BL said...

AW~ I wanna come visit! I hope PHilly is fun for you guys. and I hope it produces some good baby making moments. haha. Thanks for your nice post on my blog. screw everyone right??? hahah!

Adam and Dantzelle said...

Hey!!! I love your blog! Yeah we totally should've got our noses pierced! Philly sounds fun! We are in D.C. and we love it! Maybe we'll have to meet up in N.Y this summer or something!! Seriously we do suck at getting together which is sad because I lOVE you and want to hang out with you! LOVE your pics too!

Danny & Branae Porter said...

love the pictures! the one of winston is hilarious! Ya the cheese whiz looked pretty nasty but it was pretty dang good i must admit!

Middletonfamily said...

Megan, I am excited you got your photography blog started, and sorry to hear about your driving experience to Philly. That STINKS! It is wierd for us to not be out there with everyone. Hope your summer goes well. Can't wait to see more of your pictures!

Jill said...

How far is that from me?