4.23.2012

introducing.

It all happened April 2nd. Right as the clock brought in April 2nd to be exact. 
Here is Lauren's (condensed) birth story...
12am- Contractions woke me up. Told Ryan they were starting and his eyes didn't leave the clock until they were 3 minutes apart.
2am- Ryan yelling at me to get in the car. I still wasn't convinced this was happening.
2:30am- Checked into the hospital.
4am- Working through contractions, but was barely dilated.
5am- Got the epidural.
5:05am- Completely relaxed. Took a nap.
8am- Dilated to an 8.
9am- Dilated to a 9. Was told I would have her within the hour.
10am- Told I needed to wait for the Doctor. Took a nap.
11am- Still waiting for Doctor. Broke my water.
11:30am- Started pushing while waiting for Doctor.
11:40am- Told to stop pushing so hard.
11:45am- Told to stop pushing all together.
12:15pm- Doctor arrives. Began pushing again.
12:21pm- Lauren was born.


Let me just say that giving birth was nothing that I had expected. Most of all, I couldn't have prepared myself for the first moment I saw Lauren. I never knew what it meant to have a full heart, but in that moment my heart couldn't have been fuller, my life more meaningful and complete. 
Ryan and I are so blessed to have her...our new little lo lo bean.

9 comments:

Meagan Cooper said...

congrats, what a beauty. so glad she is safely here. I love her name, so pretty. Now the fun really begins!!!

Danny & Branae Porter said...

oh.. Congrats megs! We couldn't be happier for you two! She is just as adorable as ever and I'm sure you two are the best parents around!

Cassie said...

Congratulations! You are right, there is nothing to prepare you for that first moment together, pure heaven!

Kath said...

I'm so happy for you both!!! Sounds like a pretty mellow birth story. I'm so glad the epi worked out for you!!! <3. And that you could take so many naps!! (jello.)

Kimberly said...

Congratulation to all three of you! She's absolutely beautiful. But Ryan...work on the yelling next time. :P

Kat said...

She is a sweetheart Megan. I am excited for you guys! Just to clarify things, nothing will prepare you for the next 20 years or so...buckle up and enjoy the ride! It's amazing how the heart can grow and stretch. ;-)

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

congratulations! there is nothing as wonderful as a little new born all curled up on your chest and sleeping! enjoy it :)

Suzy & Todd said...

Congrats!!! She is perfect, gosh I can't wait to have my own post like this...a few more weeks. Good luck with new mommyhood.

Bree said...

She is just the sweetest thing--congrats!! We are so happy for you and know you will be AMAZING parents!!