4.26.2012

don't worry.

(Lauren at 1 week old)
During the past three weeks I've learned a few lessons about being a new mom. At first, ok and maybe still, I was a little stressed when things wouldn't go perfectly as planned. 
Then I realized...don't worry.
  • Don't worry. You will sleep through the night again. Eventually.
  • Don't worry. OxiClean will take care of it.
  • Don't worry. When changing a diaper, don't think what its costing.
  • Don't worry. If getting up in the middle of the night is the worst thing in your life, you're pretty blessed. Especially if its to spend time with bean.
  • Don't worry. If she wakes up early, just enjoy the extra time together.
  • Don't worry. If you need some you time, take it. Even if its wasting time.
  • Don't worry. Sometimes you might go crazy being stuck in the house. For now, just enjoy the down time with the new addition and embrace the fact that you can get away with sitting in your pjs all day.
  • Don't worry. I won't have to sleep with a towel up my shirt forever. (The leaking will eventually stop, right?)
  • Don't worry. Even if she has a poop blowout right after you just changed her diaper. And changed her into her pjs. And gave her a bath.
  • Simply stated. Life is too short. Don't worry. (Besides..how cute is she?!)

6 comments:

Powell's Place said...

Towel sleeping will stop soon enough :). But I still think about how much a diaper is during every change (and my baby is 17 months). She's beautiful. Congratulations! Enjoy her every minute. She will change so fast.

Kat said...

Great post Megan...she is super cute!! Yes, it's true, someday, you will be able to sleep through the night, at least that's what they tell me but I'm still waiting. Having teenagers is alot like a baby- they keep you up but DON'T WORRY at least they don't poop their pants! That's a blessing! ha ha.

BL said...

WAYYY CUTE She is! Call me when you're feeling stressed. I stress about EVERYTHING and then they get bigger and grow out of all the most stressful things and i always think to myself "What was I worrying about? i should have enjoyed it more, now its gone!" It sucks getting up all night though ey? And.... the towel boobs will come to an end. hah love ya, good luck!

Melinda said...

She is so sweet and pretty. These photos are beautiful. I love your post, and the boob towels, haha. Why doesn't anyone warn us?

kami said...

Haha yes the waking up soaking wet will eventually end :) Congratulations...she is so beautiful! Enjoy this. It's such a change but so beautiful. Your advice to yourself is perfect.

Mikael said...

love the pics. she is so sweet! ur right, us moms shouldnt worry about the small stuff! those baby years go fast and soon u can just lay back while your kids feed and dress themselves and sleep all night long! it rocks.... wait, why am i having another baby? i will have to read your blog to get me back in baby mode! love u and miss u, u r a beautiful mom and woman!!!