5.27.2009

memorial day weekend

This weekend Ryan and I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I thought I was going to drag Ryan around kicking and screaming, but there were actually a few rooms that I had to sit and wait for him. He got really into it. I got to see a lot of familiar art from my last art history class as well as a few favorites of mine. I also got to hit the Cezanne exhibit!!!! It was so amazing!! Not only was the art great enough to hold our attention for over 2 hours, but the stairs outside are those famous stairs Rocky runs up in the movie. They were full of people running up and down them. Ryan kept laughing because before we came here we watched an old episode of Oprah where her and her audience ran up the stairs like Rocky. He's like "Can't you just imagine Oprah and hundreds of other crazy older women screaming and running up this thing?" It's a pretty crazy set of stairs, too. There's even a Rocky statue at the bottom.
Ryan and I at the top of the stairs. GREAT view of the city!
Mondrian
Picasso's 3 Musicians (Ryan and I's fav on the day)DaDa classic "The Fountain"
and Rocky...
Monday the boys got off early and we all went to the park and had pizza. The guys decided to do a little basketball tournament while the ladies cheered them on. Here are some of the great wives that I get to spend my days with (...except where are you Jamie?!).

11 comments:

Jessy said...

Megan you're hair looks so cute!!! i'm glad you are having such a fun time. i wish i could come out there to visit you! I love you guys! (ps i was dying about the oprah thing.)

BL said...

Megan I love your hair that color. Way cute. Oh and props to ryan for putting up with the art! Nice!

CHG said...

Did you color your hair? I love it! So cute! I recognize all those art pieces as well. Oh the things we learn in 20th Century Art. It's fun to be able to see them in person though, lucky!

rod&vinyl said...

ha ha Ryan is so funny! I miss you chika, I am glad to here that everything is going good. I love you and you look so beautiful!
have a wonderful day.

Cassie said...

Oh my gosh, you guys have so many wives! How fun!!!

Rowbury Adventures said...

ohh you have lots of wives out there how fun! I wish we were back where you guys are there;s so much history and fun things to do!

JaMie said...

I need you as my tour guide for the meuseam:) Miss you!!!

charm said...

Ahhhh the good ol' days! Deep down (somewhere) I miss summer sales! :) No, really, it was always a blast! Looks like you guys are havin' fun.... scary cemeteries and all! ha ha! (Beautiful pics, by the way)

TaitFam4 said...

Hey Meg. Just wanted to tell you how much I miss you. Summers always look fun in pictures huh? Well, I know the truth...THEY SUCK! haha. I love you and I miss you everyday!

Anonymous said...

I really like your background, fonts, and your customized "megan & ryan"...its very chic! I hope you're still enjoying Philly!! Oh and as always you're hair is freakin cute!

megan said...

Thanks!!! I designed the megan & ryan thing-I'm glad I finally figured out how to get it on here! haha