5.08.2009

spooked

I drove past this beautiful old graveyard while I was trying to find my way home last week (I get lost a lot here) and I finally summed up the courage to go check it out by myself and take a few shots. Its covered with trees budding with pink and white flowers and has really old tombstones-so old that the writing on some of them has completely weathered away. It was really cool. After ten minutes of wandering around I started getting really freaked out. I felt like someone was watching me. The longer I was there the more I was noticing scary things like newly covered graves and stuff. Finally my eerie feelings overcame me and I ran back to my car. As soon as I clicked the key into ignition, I started hearing really weird noises. It sounded like someone walking and a door creaking and my heart stopped....and then it finally clicked...my ipod was on shuffle and 'Thriller' came up next randomly. What are the chances!? I just started laughing at myself. I completely freak myself out over the stupidest things.
On the way home I decided to take a detour and I found this really beautiful church right in the middle of a neighborhood. Philly is full of surprises.

11 comments:

Skyler and Aubrey said...

Meg, glad you found me! I had no idea how good of a photographer you are. Your pictures are all amazing! It looks like life is treating you good. Your puppy is so cute!

Mr. & Mrs. Martinez said...

How funny..you are so brave. And p.s. your photos are amazing!

Alise said...

These are awesome!! Are they taken with a holga by chance?

BL said...

you're so cute! I could totally imagine that happening to me.

Danny & Branae Porter said...

ha ha that is so funny! That would of totally creeped me out..megan i love your pictures! wow you are such an amazing photographer!

megan said...

Thanks you guys! No, it's not a Holga but It looks kinda like it.

JaMie said...

Those are sweet picts! lOVE the story haha

Melissa said...

Hey Meg! How is everything. I love your pictures they are so beautiful! Right now I'm just stuck between school and work....kinda shoot'n the breeze! Anyway, let me know how you are!

Powell's Place said...

Holy cow, I didn't know you knew my sister-in-law, Meg! What are the chances? I would have wet my pants in the graveyard!

Jos and Kath said...

I lOVE PA!! :) I'm so glad you guys get to adventure there for the summer! I didn't realize you were updating this blog so I delted it from my blogspace! I've really MISSED A LOT!! :)

You are adorable, and thanks for loving life. I love it too. :)

We need an east-coast-cousin date. We could meet in DC it's about the middle... :)

Cassie said...

Megan your photography is amazing! I love the cemetery picture.