5.01.2009

la vita e bella

Happy first of May! I hope it's true what they say about April showers bringing May flowers. The past couple days here have been wet and a little chilly. I'm ready for the warm summer sun. I guess I can't complain since apparently Rexburg was hit with snow again (big surprise, right?). Winston is loving the cooler weather, though. He just can't hack it in the heat. Every time we go out he is greeted with the other neighborhood dogs. He's loving it and I'm glad he can play his heart out while the weather is bearable for him (not to mention it knocks him out for the remainder of the day).
Ok, what I'm about to go off on may seem really crazy and silly but I just can't help but write it down. I have so much in my head right now that I might just ramble and feel free to just shrug this off but here it goes...  I have a lot more time on my hands now and its really given me a chance to pause to take in the beauties of life. While Winst and I were walking along the river a couple days ago I was overcome by how truly blessed I am to be a part of this amazing world. I just took in the spring air and stared up at the sky and soaked up EVERYTHING. I am loving my life right now!! I've appreciated so much reading some of your blogs about being blessed as well (Chelsey rocking out and not caring who is watching her and Ashley and those tender mercies that come everyday). Times may get hard but the important thing is that you're happy and that you surround yourself with the people you love. I'm reading, "Beauty in Photography" and there is this part where he quotes Thomas Gray, "many a flower is born to blush unseen, and waste its sweetness on the desert air". It just made me think that I'm still young and I don't ever want to waste me life overlooking these beautiful moments that life throws at us. I don't want to miss one of those simple tender times that we are blessed with. Life is beautiful!
(photo taken 8/20/2006 Glasgow, Scotland. f5.2 1/500sec)

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

it's funny how photography can make you see things differently. When Miles and I first started dating he would always shrug and laugh when I would talk about the colors of light and shadows and the simple beauties I'd see out the car window. Now he's used to it and indulges me a bit. But it's funny how viewing the world through a lens makes you see everything differently.

Rowbury Adventures said...

ohh what an uplifting post! I wanna be a photographer now hah but you and my sister have the same dog and I love them!!

BL said...

i wuv you meggy. thanks for touching my heart today.

Amy said...

Megs! I just saw your blog. It's so excellent! I love your pictures and can't wait to see your BFA project in the fall. Graduating is awesome! Have fun this summer in PA!